Xiamen is confirmed to release 72-hour visa-free policy for foreigners from 1 April, 2015 ,following similar decisions taken by Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Chongqing.
Xiamen Gaoqi International was approved to release the 72-hour visa-free policy for foreigners by the state Council of China In December 2014. The 72-hour visa-free policy will help to attract more and more international passengers to do business or travel in Xiamen while transiting in Xiamen. It is a milestone for Xiamen to build a international city.
Visitors eligible for visa-free stays must have air tickets to a third country with confirmed dates and seats, and visas where required.
A service center for transit passengers will operate at Channel 2 at Xiamen International airport.
Passengers from 51 countries will be able to enjoy Xiamen 72-hour visa-free policy,they are:
- 24 European Schengen visa agreement countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
- 13 other European countries: Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania
- 6 American countries: US, Canada Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile
- 2 Oceania countries: Australia, New Zealand
- 6 Asian countries (South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, UAE, Qatar